Clinical uses of Alpinia galanga
Alpinia galanga is one of four plants known as “Galangal” and is differentiated from the others with the common names blue ginger, lengkuas, and greater galangal. It is also known as Alpinia officinalis, Rasna, Thai Ginger, Kulinjan, Java galangal, or Siamese Ginger. Alpinia galangal is known to possess therapeutic properties such as immunity-boosting, respiratory, and brain supporting.
Alpinia Galanga is Traditionally used for:
- Supporting brain and cognitive function
- Sharpening alertness and focus
- Boosting the immune system
- Improving respiration
- Upregulating antioxidant enzymes in the brain
- Supporting healthy cardiometabolic parameters
- Immunostimulant activity
Alpinia Galanga Nutritional properties:
Alpinia Galanga is rich in carbohydrates, protein, and fats. These major components of this plant which is believed to be responsible for the most biological activities.
Various clinical studies have been conducted to identify the therapeutic benefits of alpinia galanga.
Some of the studies conducted include:
- A study suggests that alpinia galanga is believed to have strong antimocrobial properties and boost the immunity to fight with various infectious diseases.
- Research shows alpinia galangal and other herbs are know to possess properties that help to improve respiratory health.
- Study indicates neuroprotective properties of alpinia galangal. They are indicative of the cognitive enhancement and increase in habituation memory.
We’ve combined this natural extract in several of our protocols that help support the boost immune system, digestion, respiratory and liver function.
Browse through our Range of Natural Health Protocols that blend alpinia galanga with other potent, bioavailable and clinically renowned ingredients: