Trigeminal Neuralgia can be affected by the food you eat. There are no specific dietary recommendations, but certain foods can be substituted in your daily diet to help with nerve hypersensitivity. Choose foods that will help the nerves function properly. Home remedies for Trigeminal Nerve Pain.
What is Trigeminal Nerve Pain
The pain caused by the trigeminal neural is very painful. This painful condition is caused by a rupture of the myelin covering the nerve. Trigeminal neuropathy can be of atypical or typical type.
Typical: People with typical TN can experience painful episodes that occur at random, and may be triggered by brushing or chewing.
Atypical People with atypical TN can experience a constant dull pain or an inflamed feeling in any part of their face. They can also feel sharp, shooting pain.
What Causes Trigeminal Pain
Trigeminal Neuralgia has no known cause. Trigeminal Neuralgia Pain is generally believed to be caused by a brain pathological reflex. Pathological lesions can be arterial loops or tumors that compress the trigeminal roots. Other factors that may cause this condition include:
- The nerve can be damaged by trauma, causing it to compress. This causes the nerve to lose its protective and conductive covering (demyelination).
- Changes in the biochemistry of the nerve tissue.
- Compression is caused by abnormal blood vessels in the nerves as they exit the brain.
- To get the best pain treatment, it is essential to identify the cause of your pain.
Consult a doctor if you are experiencing any of these symptoms. Visit www.biogetica.com to receive a free consultation.
Diet For Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Include calcium-rich food such as salmon and sardines. Also, include almonds, yogurt, skimmed or whole milk, and green beans.
- It is recommended to eat foods rich in monounsaturated fats, magnesium, and vitamins C, D, and E, as they help boost immunity and restore normal nerve function.
- Anti-oxidants are found in pears, cherries, and cranberries as well as cooked vegetables like collards and spinach.
- Vitamin D-rich foods include green vegetables, fruits, and a small portion of poultry, such as turkey and chicken.
- Magnesium-rich foods include wheat germ, bananas, dairy products, and molasses.
Avoid Foods Like
- Avoid foods that produce heat, such as chili, hot pepper sauce, mint, and other food items. These can stimulate the nerves and exacerbate pain.
- Avoid foods with strong smells. Spices such as black pepper, ginger, black nutmeg, and cinnamon can cause pain in some people.
- Tea and coffee, which contain stimulants, can cause pain.
- Acidic foods such as tomatoes, citrus juices, and gooseberries can cause excessive mucus to be produced. This can cause pain by exerting pressure on the nerves.
- Avoid foods that contain a lot of saturated fats, such as butter and ghee.
- Avoid foods that are high in saturated fats, such as butter, ghee, and coconut oil.
Natural Remedies For Trigeminal Nerve Pain
Many herbs have anti-inflammatory properties and are analgesic. They help to soothe the nerves and strengthen them. Some herbs are helpful, including:
Hypericum (St John’s wort): Studies suggest that this herb may influence a prolonged anti-hyperalgesic effect and reduces the activity of inflammatory mechanisms that transmit inflammatory and neuropathic pain. 
Aconite: Studies suggest that this possesses anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and sedative properties and is traditionally believed to strengthen the nerves. 
Bacopa Monnieri: Studies suggest that this herb possesses strong anti-inflammatory and rejuvenating properties and helps to improve the function of the nervous system and also boosts immunity. 
Valerian Officinalis: Studies suggest that this herb possesses anti-inflammatory properties and also enhances the strength of nerves. It is also believed to improve the structure and function of nerves. 
Home Remedies For Trigeminal Nerve Pain Relief
- You can use hot and cold packs on the muscles to relieve pain. Heat packs can provide quick relief for some people.
- St. John’s Wort, lemon balm, and chamomile tea can calm the nerves. They also provide pain relief.
- Avocado juice can be beneficial to people with Trigeminal Nerve Pain because avocados are a good source of Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5 as well as folic acid.
- Ashwagandha oil is also helpful for nerve pain. The herb is also known to have anti-inflammatory properties and analgesic effects. It is believed that the herb also has anti-oxidant and immune system-boosting properties. The herb’s sedative properties calm nerves and provide relief.
- It is believed that rosemary oil has analgesic qualities and can relax the muscles. It also has nervine properties that help strengthen nerves.
- Almond milk can also be beneficial for those with Trigeminal Nerve Pain since it contains vitamin B12 which boosts immunity as well as helps strengthen nerves.
- You can also use apple cider vinegar to gently massage the affected area of your face.
- It is also thought that carrot juice can be used as a home remedy. Carrot juice is rich in essential nutrients and promotes good health.
Additional Useful Tips
Follow the tips below to find relief from your pain:
- If possible, drink alkaline water.
- Vegetable juice can be good for your health, as it contains nutrients that help to repair the nerves quickly.
- Chewing hard foods can cause pain.
- Sleep on the side that is not painful.
- Meditation helps relax the body and supports the normal function of the nervous system.
- Avoid consuming packaged foods and refined sugar.
- Don’t drink alcohol and Smoking.
- Alternative hot and cold packs provide relief from pain
When Should You See Your Doctor
Nerve pain can be severe and unbearable. You should consult your doctor if you suffer from nerve pain.
You should consult a doctor if you suffer from shingles. Shingles can cause nerve pain, but also blisters and rashes. Natural products, such as nutritional supplements and herbs, can help control shingles. You can consult a doctor at Biogetica.
Biogetica combines traditional ayurvedic herbal remedies, advanced resonance homeopathy, and cutting-edge nutraceuticals for your nerves. The products work by calming and strengthening the nerves and decreasing their sensitivity. You can consult doctors at www.biogetica.com to learn more about natural treatments for trigeminal neuropathy or get advice on other health concerns.
Enlaces de referencia: