Immunity is the ability of your body to defense against pathogens by making antibodies against specific antigens. The human body produces antibodies against germs that are disease-specific. It means specific antibodies work against a specific disease. Find out more about immunity here…
Immunity is of two types:
Active immunity and passive immunity
Active immunity occurs when a person is exposed to a disease-causing organism. It triggers the immune system to produce antibodies specific to that disease. A person may get exposed to the disease-causing germ through infection with the actual disease. When a person comes in contact with the same pathogen a second time, the immune system will recognize the pathogen quickly and will produce antibodies to fight against it. It is long-lasting.
Passive immunity is initiated by giving antibodies against a specific pathogen and is not produced by your immune system. For example, a newborn baby may acquire passive immunity from the mother through the placenta. Passive immunity can also be induced by giving antibodies containing blood products such as immune-globulin, which can give immediate protection against a specific disease. But, it does not last for a long time. It is for a short time. The only benefit is that passive immunity can be given immediately, whereas active immunity may take several weeks to develop.
Both active and passive immunity can be induced by natural and artificial means.
Some ways are given here to boost your body’s natural defenses
Sleep: Enough sleep is important and it is linked to your health. Getting adequate sleep helps to boost your natural immune system. You should aim to sleep for seven or more hours each night and children should sleep for 8-10 hours. Go to sleep at the same time every time and exercise regularly to get good sleep at night.
Eat Whole Plant Foods: Fruits and vegetables and other whole plant foods, including seeds and legumes are good sources of antioxidants that protect your body against harmful pathogens. These foods contain antioxidants that help to fight against inflammation and stop the production of free radicals which cause inflammation. Include green leafy vegetables and fruits rich in fiber in your diet. Feed healthy bacteria in your gut. This can further help to enhance your immune system.
Avoid Added Sugars: Added sugars and refined carbohydrates are not good for your body. These can cause obesity. Obesity increases the risk of heart diseases. Reducing sugar intake helps in reducing inflammation and promotes weight loss. Diseases such as type 2 diabetes and heart diseases can reduce your body’s natural defense system. Therefore, you should limit the intake of sugar in your daily regimen.
Exercise: Moderate exercise can help to boost your immune system. Moderate to regular exercise helps in reducing inflammation and boosting your immunity naturally. You can go for brisk walking, bicycling, swimming and light hiking. Moderate exercise of 2-3 hours per week can help to boost your immune system naturally.
Drink Enough Water: Hydration is important to protect your body from pathogens. Dehydration can lead to indigestion, impaired heart and kidney function, reduced physical performance and also affects your mood. Therefore, drink enough water for the proper functioning of the digestive system and removing toxins from your body.
Add More Healthy Fats To Your Diet: Healthy fats found in salmon and olive oil are good for your body’s natural defense system. Healthy fats help your body to fight against pathogens and also reduce inflammation. Olive oil has anti-inflammatory properties and helps in reducing the risk of diseases such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease and also helps your body to fight against disease-causing germs.
Manage Your Stress: Managing stress is important to maintain a healthy immune system. Chronic stress can lower the ability of your immune system to fight against pathogens and you may suffer from inflammatory diseases. Therefore manage stress by doing meditation, yoga, and exercise.
Natural supplements containing traditional herbs can be used for boosting your immune system. Biogetica presents a wide range of natural supplements that can help in boosting up the immune system naturally. You can read the research done on every single ingredient of the products offered at Biogetica before making your decision. You can also consult with a doctor for free at www.biogetica.com
- L-Glutamine: Studies show that L-glutamine is capable of modulating certain immune responses. It may help in boosting your immune system. 
- L-Arginine: It is traditionally believed to boost up the immune system. Studies show that it helps in the modulation of certain immune responses. 
- L- Lysine HCL: It has been used traditionally for boosting up the immune system. Studies show that L-Lysine supplements may help to boost immunity against certain viral infections.   
- L-Isoleucine: Studies show that L-isoleucine helps to impair the viral-induced activity in the cells thus producing anti-viral effects.  
- Magnesium Gluconate: It is believed that magnesium helps in the regulation of respiratory functions. Studies show that magnesium supports the normal functioning of the respiratory system. 
- Copper Gluconate: Studies show that copper traditionally helps to regulate the functioning of the immune system. 
- Zinc Gluconate: Studies show that zinc is important for the maintenance and development of immune cells of both the innate and adaptive immune systems. 
- Echinacea Purpurea: This herb has been used in herbal traditions for boosting up the immune system. It is believed that the herb has potential antiviral and immunomodulatory properties. The following studies for SARS suggest that this may be of benefit.    
- Aloe Vera: Studies show that extracts of Aloe Vera can help to inhibit the activity of the virus and support the functioning of the lungs.