Do you suffer from sinusitis? On this page, you will find information about sinusitis and natural remedies, such as herbal and homeopathic remedies, for sinuses. Alternative home remedies, such as decongestants or pain relievers can help you recover faster.
What is Sinusitis
Sinusitis is an inflammation of the tissue lining the sinuses. The sinuses are hollow cavities that exist in our cheekbones, behind our noses, and within our ears. The sinuses usually contain air. They become blocked and fill with fluids, which can cause bacteria to grow. The sinuses are the air-filled pockets located behind your nose, forehead and cheeks. Mucus is secreted by the lining of your sinuses to act as a protective mechanism, trapping germs. The mucus secretion can increase due to an allergy or bacteria. This blocks the sinus openings. This mucus is a breeding ground for bacteria and other germs that can cause viral or bacteria infection. Sinusitis can be caused by a viral infection that will usually go away in a few weeks or days without treatment.
Three types of sinusitis exist:
- Acute sinusitis: The duration of acute sinusitis is short. The symptoms of a viral infection can last for up to two weeks. If it’s bacterial, they may last from three to four weeks.
- Sub-Acute Sinusitis: This condition is usually caused by seasonal allergies and can last for up to three to four months.
- Chronic Sinusitis is a common condition that occurs when there are structural nasal problems, allergies or bacterial infections. The symptoms can last longer than three months. As their airways become more inflamed, people with allergic rhinitis have a higher risk of developing chronic sinusitis.
To know more about Sinusitis, consult one of our doctors or click here.
Acute sinusitis, on the other hand, is a short-term inflammation of the tissues that line the sinuses. It is often caused by viral infections. It can last for several weeks.
Acute Sinusitis: Causes and Treatment
- Nasal polyp
- Adenoid infections
- Tooth decay.
Acute Sinusitis Symptoms
- Yellow mucus with thick green mucus.
- Itching in the throat.
- The sense of smell is reduced.
- The sensation of taste is also reduced.
Acute Sinusitis Diagnosis
Your doctor will perform a physical examination. The doctor can quickly diagnose the problem by pressing the sinuses. To confirm the diagnosis, doctors may perform tests such as a Nasal endoscopy or CT, MRI or CT imaging test.
Subacute sinusitis occurs when the symptoms last longer than usual, usually between 4 and 8 weeks.
Causas de la sinusitis
- Bacterial infection
- Viral infection
- Nasal deviated septum.
- Dental complaints.
Subacute Sinusitis Symptoms
- Greenish mucus discharges from the nose
- Block nose
- Loss of smell
- Dolor de garganta
Diagnosis of Subacute Sinusitis
Your doctor will perform a physical examination. The doctor can quickly diagnose the problem by pressing the sinuses. To confirm the diagnosis, doctors may perform tests such as a Nasal endoscopy or CT or MRI imaging test.
Chronic sinusitis is characterized by prolonged inflammation of the tissues. Chronic sinusitis is defined as symptoms that last more than 12 week. In such cases, long-term treatment is recommended to prevent further complications.
Causes of Chronic Sinusitis
- Allergies such as pollen grains, dust allergies or chemical allergies.
- Nasal polyps.
- Differing nasal septum
- Infections bacterial and viral
- Chronic sinusitis is also caused by certain health conditions such as asthma, gastro-oesophageal reflux disease and cystic fibrosis.
Chronic Sinusitis Symptoms
- Greenish-yellow mucus in the nose
- Mucus draining from the throat.
- There is pain and tenderness in the cheeks, forehead, and eyes.
- Dolor de garganta
- Bad Breath
- Stuffy nose.
- Cold and cough
- Loss of taste and smell
- Dental infection.
Diagnosis of Chronic Sinusitis
- The doctor can examine the sinuses in the nose using a fiber-optic light tube.
- A sample of nasal discharges is sent to the lab to rule out bacterial or fungus infection.
- A test for allergies is performed to eliminate the possible cause.
- Imagining tests such as CT or MRI show the details of nasal sinuses.
Biogetica provides remedies to help with sinusitis. Click on www.biogetica.com for a free consultation with a physician.
Sinusitis Treatment Options
The type of sinusitis and the cause will determine how to treat it. The following is the treatment:
- Simple sinusitis can be treated with nasal decongestants and saline nasal washes.
- Many doctors will prescribe antibiotics if symptoms don’t disappear within a week.
- Regular use of a steam inhaler or vaporizer is recommended.
- You can also use warm compresses to soothe the pain.
- Antihistamines can be used to treat allergic sinusitis.
- Antifungal medication is prescribed by doctors for fungal infections.
- In cases of chronic disease, steroids are prescribed.
- When there is a structural deformity such as a deviated septum, surgery is recommended.
Natural Remedies For Sinusitis
Ayurveda and Homeopathy are natural remedies for sinusitis. They target the root of the problem. Sinusitis occurs when the respiratory system becomes ill and is unable to function properly. It is believed that natural supplements can improve and balance the functioning of respiratory organs, and boost immunity.
Clinical studies have shown that natural ingredients are effective in treating sinusitis. To know more about our trendsetting products, consult one of our doctors here.
You can use these natural ingredients to relieve sinus pain.
- Eucalyptus – According to studies, this natural remedy can help relieve nasal congestion.
- Calendula– Studies have shown that this natural remedy can help improve the respiratory system.
- Turmeric – According to studies, this natural remedy can improve the function of respiratory organs.
- Inula Racemosa – According to studies, this natural remedy can help improve sinuses’ function.
- Ocimum sanctum– Studies have shown that this natural remedy can help drain the excess mucus in the sinuses. 
- Hepar Sulph – According to studies, this homeopathic remedy can help improve respiratory function. 
- Hydroastis– According to studies, this homeopathic remedy can help drain excess mucus out of the sinuses. 
- Cali Bi– According to studies, this homeopathic remedy can help drain excess mucus from the sinuses and function them optimally.
- Silicea – According to studies, this homeopathic remedy can help improve respiratory function.
- Myristica – According to studies, this homeopathic remedy can help strengthen your immune system and protect you against infection. 
- Echinacea– According to studies, this natural remedy improves our respiratory function. 
- Thyme_ Studies have shown that this natural remedy can help reduce the inflammation in the sinuses, making them function optimally.
- Mangosteen – According to studies, this natural remedy can boost your immunity.
- Rosmary – According to studies, this natural remedy can help optimize the function of respiratory organs.
- Oat beta glucans – Studies have shown that this natural remedy can help balance the immune system. 
- Reishi – According to studies, this natural remedy can teach sinuses how to function optimally.
- Talispatra – Studies suggest that this natural remedy can help drain excess mucus out of the sinuses
- Kali Mirch– According to studies, this natural remedy can help relieve sinus congestion.
- Shunthi – According to studies, this natural remedy can help improve respiratory function.
- Pippali – According to studies, this natural remedy can help improve immunity in the respiratory system.
- Vanshlochan – According to studies, this natural remedy can help reduce sinus inflammation.
- Ela – According to studies, this natural remedy can help balance the immune system.
- Twak – This natural remedy is believed to help in removing excess mucus.
- Soma Lata– Studies have shown that this natural remedy can help improve the respiratory system. 
- Yashtimadhu – According to studies, this natural remedy can boost your immunity.
- Kushta – According to studies, this natural remedy can help improve respiratory function.
- Mishri – According to studies, this natural remedy can help improve the function of the respiratory organs.
Visit www.biogetica.com to learn more about natural remedies that can help with sinusitis.
Tips to Treat Sinusitis
- Steam inhalation is recommended regularly.
- You can use air modifiers to maintain the temperature of your room moist.
- Nasal irrigation should be performed with saline solution.
- Warm fluids such as soups are good to drink.
- Healthy and fresh foods are best.
- If you feel cold, wear warm clothing.
- Avoid cold by covering your head.
Dietary recommendations for sinusitis
It is possible to have a diet that is suitable for sinusitis. People with recurrent sinusitis or respiratory tract infections can benefit from this diet. Doctors recommend the following foods for sinusitis:
- Fruits and vegetables (only fresh during the day).
- Fish and meat that is lean.
- Whole grain cereals and breads.
- Canola or olive oils are low in Omega-6 fatty acids.
- Consuming milk or dairy products in moderation is important.
- Avoid canned foods that contain preservatives or artificial colors, as they may cause allergic sinusitis and allergic respiratory infections.
- Avoid cold food and beverages.
- The cooling effect of curd is a reason to avoid it.
- Avoid bananas at night, as they are cooling and can cause congestion or sore throat.
- Rice can cause congestion and is cooling.
- Fruits should not be eaten at night as they can cause congestion and have a cooling affect on the body.
Home Remedies for Sinusitis
- Drink warm liquids such as soups or water to relieve congestion.
- Add 1 tsp. of turmeric to warm milk, and drink it daily.
- Lemon, ginger, and honey can help to boost immunity and fight various infections.
- Garlic and onion should be included in the diet due to their anti-viral qualities.
- Chewing holy basil leaves is beneficial for sinusitis.
- Add a few drops eucalyptus or a handful leaves to hot water, or use a vaporizer. Inhale deeply the steam for five to ten minutes. Eucalyptus is useful for relieving pain and congestion.
Homeopathic remedies, Ayurvedic herbal products, and dietary supplementation are all natural remedies for sinusitis. With an improved diet and lifestyle, these natural supplements can address all aspects of sinusitis. Biogetica combines all of these natural remedies in order to treat sinusitis at its source.
The Biogetica product range is backed by clinical studies from Ayurveda, Homeopathy and modern research.
Our doctors can help you learn more about the natural, safe, and effective ways to improve your respiratory system in relation to sinusitis. For more information, you can contact us at +1 8005920304. You can also visit our website at www.biogetica.com.