Beyond the neonatal period, most childhood HSV infections are caused by herpes virus type 1 (HSV-1), which is transmitted primarily by contact with infected saliva. However, the HSV1 has an affinity for the upper part of the body producing oropharyngeal, cutaneous, and ocular lesions such as herpes labialis or cold sores involving the lips, gingivostomatitis or the inflammation of gums and oral cavity, and keratoconjunctivitis. It has an affinity for the mucocutaneous junctions. Any drop in the immunity of the individual leads to recurrent herpes labialis. Herpes simplex 1 usually establishes latency in the trigeminal ganglion, a collection of nerve cells found near the ears. Recurring herpes outbreaks willgenerally occur around the mouth or facial region.
- Tipos de virus del herpes humano
- HHV 1 – Herpes Simplex Virus 1 (HSV 1)
- HHV 2 – Herpes Simplex Virus 2 (HSV 2)
- Hhv 3 -herpes zoster virus (vzv)
- HHV 4 – Ebstein Barr Virus (EBV)
- HHV 5 – Cytomegolovirus (CMV)
- HHV 6 – Human B-cell Lymphotrophic
- HHV 7 – Causes Symptoms Similar to the HHV-6
- HHV 8 – It is a Type of Rhadinovirus
With many years of believing that herpes type 1 is only related to oral herpes, many people are not aware that herpes type 1 can and is being contracted both orally and sexually and can cause genital herpes. So many people are under the presumption that there is that “Good versus Bad” herpes virus and with these beliefs social stigmas are thriving. While the “Good Virus” is believed to be “just a cold sore” – society has that euphemism to hide behind and don’t have to acknowledge that cold sores are indeed Herpes.
Common myths give indications that herpes simplex 1 causes a mild infection that is at times bothersome, but never dangerous. The reality is that herpes type 1 is usually very mild when affecting the lips, face or genitals. Herpes type 1 has been known to occur spontaneously in the eye as “ocular herpes”. Ocular herpes can be very serious and could potentially lead to blindness. In some very rare cases, herpes has spread to the brain causing herpes encephalitis, an extremely dangerous infection that can result in death. These are, however, very rare! Herpes can be spread to the nailbed as “herpetic whitlow”. Herpes is also quite common among wrestlers and is called “herpes gladiatorium” (a herpes infection of the chest or face).
Although the society believes herpes type 1 to be the “Good Virus”, researchers are finding herpes type 1 to be more “risky” than previously perceived. Some medical professionals are finding herpes type 1 to be a more “significant” infection than herpes type 2 and the prevalence of herpes type 1 is grossly underestimated.
The signs and symptoms associated with a person’s initial infection with the herpes simplex virus 1 (termed “primary herpetic stomatitis”) usually take the following form:
- The first signs of the infection are characterized by non-specific constitutional symptoms such as: fever, irritability, headache, and pain upon swallowing.
- A day or so after the infection’s initial signs have appeared, the person’s mouth becomes painful and the gums become intensely inflamed.
- Usually by day three of the infection, a number of tiny blisters will have formed throughout the person’s mouth.
- These blisters soon rupture, resulting in grey coloured ulcers.
- These ulcers can be very painful and often interfere with a person’s ability to eat.
- The ulcers eventually heal. Usually the entire infection runs its course within 10 to 14 days.
Herpes Treatment– A beautiful melange of time-tested resonance homeopathic medicines and homotoxological remedies so as to stimulate the immune system to heal itself following nature’s laws.
Síntomas causados por infección por HSV 1 (Se sabe que el HSV 1 afecta las siguientes áreas del cuerpo.)
After reviewing the following data you are now in a position to take an informed decision. We hope you make the right choice and we will be with you on your journey to recovery. Please get in touch with any of our Doctors if you need any further information.