The itching and burning can be uncomfortable, especially in areas that are sensitive like the vagina or vulva. This can be due to a bacterial infection, yeast infection, or sexually transmitted diseases like Chlamydia. Genital Herpes. Gonorrhoea. and Genital Warts. Chemical irritants in detergents and soaps can cause burning or itching of the vagina. If ignored, it can cause complications. It is important to address it as soon as possible. Click Here to get a FREE consultation with a doctor right now.
It is important for girls to learn how they can control vaginal itching and burning. Here are some natural ways to treat it:
Maintain Hygiene :
- Avoid using scented toilet paper or sanitary pads, as well as vaginal sprays and lotions. They can cause irritation and an imbalance in bacteria and yeast.
- Use plain water or soap without fragrance to wash the vaginal area. Wash the vagina 3-4 times with plain water to keep it clean. Do not use soap more than twice a day. This can cause it to dry out.
- Wear clean cotton undergarments daily. Avoid wearing wet clothing for long periods of time as this can promote yeast growth.
- After showering or bathing, dry the genital region thoroughly. Avoid douches.
- Avoid wearing tight-fitting trousers.
- Avoid scratching the affected area as this may cause it to become more inflamed.
- Use a water based lubricant when having sexual relations. After sexual contact, wash the area thoroughly.
Probiotics can be good for you:
A diet high in probiotics is not only good for your overall health, but it’s also very beneficial to vaginal health. It can boost the immune system naturally and help fight infection. Yogurt contains probiotics which can be consumed on a regular basis. You can also choose to take a probiotics supplement.
It can temporarily relieve itching and burning as it calms down inflammation. Apply 3-4 ice cubes to a cotton cloth. Leave it for 5-10 minutes. Repeat this process 2-3 times per day. You can also rinse your vaginal area 3-4 times per day with cold water to relieve burning.
Vitamin C can boost your immune system and help you to restore its balance. Consume foods rich in Vitamin C, such as oranges, papaya, yellow and red peppers, broccoli, kale and kiwi. Click Here to Contact One of Our Doctors for Diet Recommendations.
Coconut oil is a mixture of lauric and caprylic acids that are known to fight infection in a natural way. Coconut oil is a natural anti-infection agent that can be applied externally or internally.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar can balance the pH of vaginal fluids, which may relieve burning. Rinse the area twice daily with a mixture consisting of 1 cup water and 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar.
Tea Tree Oil:
It is believed that tea tree oil helps maintain a healthy balance in the vaginal flora and therefore address the infection. Tea tree oil should only be applied externally. Tea tree oil can be very strong, so it should first be diluted in other oils like coconut oil.
Oregano essential oil is known to help fight infection and itchiness in the vagina.
Important: Essential oils are not to be consumed orally. Inhale the oregano oil by adding 2-3 drops to one ounce carrier oil. This essential oil should not be applied near your vagina. 3
Complementary Methods for Treating Vaginal Infection:
Other complementary methods include herbal products, natural products, mind-body practices, and other approaches. Alternative methods are not always the best way to address vaginal problems.
Some of the herbs and supplements that might help are:
- Cat’s claw: A study showed that Cat’s claw may help in boosting immunity and inhibit infection.4
- Olive leaf extract: Olive leaf extract contains Oleuropein which helps to prevent virus entry into the cells, thus reducing the viral load.5
- Echinacea: Research shows that Echinacea may help to enhance immunity and increase the WBC count to counter infections.
- Astragalus root: Astragalus is believed to boost the immune system and protect the body against foreign invaders.
- Calendula: A study suggests that Calendula possesses natural anti-inflammatory and skin-benefiting properties.6
- Licorice root: Research suggests that Licorice root possesses natural anti-microbial properties.7
Biogetica has numerous products containing these herbs as one of its ingredients. You can get more information on our entire range of products and consult with our doctors for free at www.biogetica.com. Here are a few products that can help you to soothe vaginal itching and burning:
Cronisol – D
Enlaces de referencia: