Food and Dementia
Is diet an important aspect of preventing dementia? Yes, it is. According to research, you can reduce your risk of dementia by adopting healthy eating habits and making lifestyle changes.
DEMENTIA DIET RECOMMENDATIONS
Diet For Dementia
A recent study found that the foods you eat have a great deal to do with your brain’s health, especially as you get older. Natural foods containing essential micronutrients will suffice, but not just vitamin pills. By following a healthy diet, managing stress, staying active socially and mentally, and getting enough rest, you can reduce your risk of developing dementia. A healthy diet can help to delay or prevent the symptoms of dementia.
You can find the best food for Dementia here.
- When it comes to conditions such as memory loss or concentration, diet, and lifestyle are important. Choose organic foods like broccoli, greens, and fresh fruits such as strawberries, apples, grapefruits, pears, peaches, and pomegranates. Also, choose whole grains and non-processed food.
- Almonds are high in vitamins A and E. They are also rich in sunflower seeds, hazelnuts, peanuts, and peanut butter. These are essential in preventing further memory loss.
- DHA-rich foods, such as salmon and tuna are good choices.
- Include beans, whole grains, and poultry. Also, include olive oil and wine.
- Foods such as ginger and green tea, fish oil, soy, ginko, blueberries, and other dark berries can protect these cells.
Foods Suitable for Moderate Consumption
Limiting the consumption of oils and fats is also good for dementia. Reduce consumption of red meat, prawns, and potatoes. Also, avoid garlic, chilies, corn sugar, and white flour products (noodles, pasta, white rice).
Avoid these Foods
- Avoid refined/processed/frozen foods, Chemical additives like color/dye, and preservatives; MSG may worsen memory and mental status.
- Avoid foods that are hot and sour, such as mustard, pickles, ketchup, and sauces.
Sesame seeds and Amla (Indian Gooseberry) can be taken in equal amounts. Take a teaspoon of honey and Ghee (1:3) every morning to improve concentration and memory.