Diet for Emphysema?
Along with proper medication, consuming a nutritious and balanced diet is important for managing Emphysema and keeping your immune system working at its best. Include Omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin C and Vitamin E; and avoid cold foods and drinks to help relieving the symptoms.
It is important to control weight if you are suffering from Emphysema or COPD, as an overweight person tends to get more shortness of breath because of carrying excess weight. However, it is equally important to maintain a healthy weight for proper prognosis of COPD than being underweight. Eating enough high-fiber foods, quality protein, and even higher-fat choices and foods rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin C and Vitamin E can help in speedy recovery.
We are providing the necessary food recommendations for Emphysema.
- Emphysema sufferers should follow a diet appropriate for general good health and immunity, including consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean meats and fish, wholegrain breads and cereals, and oils low in omega-6 fatty acids such as olive oil or canola oil, avocados, and fatty coldwater fish like salmon.
- Vitamin C and E plays a specific role in getting rid of Emphysema.
- Include protein rich foods like meat, fish, eggs, poultry, legumes, dairy products, cereal, cheese and nuts.
Alimentos para el consumo moderado:
Milk or Dairy products and oily food should be moderated.
Foods to Avoid:
Evite las comidas y bebidas frías. Los alimentos congelados, enlatados y conservados con colorantes y aditivos artificiales deben evitarse por completo, ya que contienen ciertas sustancias que pueden empeorar el enfisema.
- Freshly expressed garlic juice 10 to 15 drops with honey and warm water should be taken internally in emphysema.
• Mix, onion juice ¼ cup, honey 1 tablespoon and black pepper 1/8 tablespoon.
• Mix licorice and ginger together. Take ½ tablespoon in 1 cup of water for relief from emphysema.
• Drink a glass of 2/3 carrot juice, 1/3 spinach juice, 3 times a day.
• Add 30-40 leaves of Basil in a liter of water strain the leaves and drink the water throughout the day. A loose poultice of linseed seeds may be applied in chest troubles, emphysema, bronchopneumonia and pleurisy, the counter-irritant effect of the poultice can be enhanced by dusting mustard powder over it.
See Evidence Based Products
Freedom Respiratory Support Kit With EMP Aerovent Formula
90 GARANTÍA DE DEVOLUCIN DE DINERO POR DÍA