Health Benefits of Vitamin C
Vitamin C is also known as L-ascorbic acid, ascorbic acid, or L-ascorbate. This water-soluble vitamin is one of the most effective nutrients that is naturally present in some foods, added to others, and also available as a dietary supplement. Vitamin C is essential to form blood vessels, cartilage, muscle, collagen in bones, and vital for the healing process of the body. It is beneficial for almost all the systems of the body.
Vitamin C is Traditionally used for:
- Detoxifying the body
- Helping in the absorption of iron, thus preventing anemia
- Rejuvenating the skin
- Improving blood circulation
- Aiding respiratory function
- Easing cold and flu symptoms
- Boosting the immune system as it is high in antioxidants
- Healing of the body
- Enhancing cognitive memory
- Supporting cardiovascular health
Sources of Vitamin C:
Major sources of Vitamin C are Citrus fruits such as oranges, lime, strawberries, kiwi, grapes, tomatoes, and tomato juice. Other sources are broccoli, brussels sprouts, and cantaloupe.
Recommended dietary allowance (RDA) for vitamin C for an adult is 60 mg/d.
Various clinical studies have been conducted to identify the therapeutic benefits of Vitamin C.
Some of the studies conducted include:
- Vitamin C is well-accepted to increase immunity and possess natural antiviral properties. However, few realize the vast difference in food derived vitamin C and ascorbic acid which is a dead synthesized molecule used to clean pools. We strongly suggest you only take food derived Vitamin C.
- Research suggests that Vitamin C helps in decreasing the intensity of common cold and help improve the respiratory functioning.
- Study shows that vitamin C helps to facilitate absorption of Iron in the body.
- Research indicates that Vitamin C helps to increase the tensile strength of wound healing and functioning of the skin.
We’ve combined this natural extract in several of our protocols that help support the boost immune system, respiratory and skin function.
Browse through our Range of Natural Health Protocols that blend Vitamin C with other potent, bioavailable and clinically renowned ingredients: