An allergy is a hypersensitive response of the body to allergens. Allergens can be of plant origins, such as pollen; animal origin, such as dander (scales shed from the skin, hair, or fur of animals); insect origin, such as the stings of bees and wasps; or dust mites themselves. Dust, smog, smoke, or some strong odors may also trigger allergies. Conventional treatment for allergies includes antihistamines and low-dose steroids. These allergy medications give you immediate relief from symptoms of allergy but do not cure allergies. Homeopathic remedies for allergies include AB factor and OM 28 Immune system. These allergy remedies boost your immune system and prevent your body from reacting to the slightest stimuli. A combination of resonance homeopathic remedies and ayurvedic herbs when used along with the below-mentioned diet gives you excellent results.
• Foremost thing is to avoid the particular food substance you are allergic to if you are aware of it.
• The most common foods which produce allergies in children are peanuts, tree nuts, Soybeans, cow’s milk, wheat, and hen’s eggs.
• The common foods which produce allergies in adults are peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shrimp, crab, lobster, oysters, and mussels, and certain fruits such as kiwi and peaches.
• Artificial additives, sweeteners, and coloring agents should also be avoided.
• Fruits and vegetables are the most significant sources of vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals so including them in your daily diet is the key to good nutrition.
• Yoghurt contains healthy bacteria known as Probiotics which benefit the immune system of the gut.
• Honey is very beneficial for allergies but should not be given to children below 1 year.
• Spices such as clove, cinnamon, oregano, turmeric, cumin, parsley, basil, garlic, coriander, onion, and cardamom should be used as they are rich in antioxidants. This can ease seasonal allergy suffering.
• Nuts are one good choice. They’re a healthy snack and are high in magnesium and vitamin E.
• Fruits high in vitamin C such as Oranges, strawberries, apples, grapes, and watermelon are recommended as they contain anti-oxidants and may help reduce inflammation.
Home remedies for allergies
Neti pots are very useful in case of stuffed-up sinuses and blocked noses.
Shower you can have a steaming hot shower to soothe sinuses and clear nasal passages.
Steam: Hot water steam is highly beneficial for blocked sinuses and nasal passages.
Eucalyptus oil: You may add a few drops of eucalyptus oil to the steam water, as it has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
Spices: You can prepare a decoction with black peppers, garlic, coriander seeds, basil leaves, Indian Lilac (neem) leaves, and dried ginger, and have it twice a day for 3 days.
Basil leaves added while preparing tea are also good.
Mix 1 spoon of honey with a little turmeric powder, and have it in small divided portions. It will soothe your throat.
Gargle with hot water mixed with a pinch of salt for relief from sore throat.