What is Anemia
Anemia affects a large number of women. An anemic patient must have a healthy diet. Anemia is caused by a lack of iron. It is therefore important to include foods rich in Iron, Vitamin B12 and folic acids, as well as copper.
ANEMIA DIET RECOMMENDATIONS
Anemia occurs when there are not enough red blood cells in the body or if the hemoglobin concentration is low. Hemoglobin, a protein found inside red blood cells, helps transport oxygen throughout the body. A decrease in hemoglobin in the blood may cause fatigue, irritability, and numbness.
Certain dietary changes can easily prevent anemia. Include foods rich in Vitamin B12 and copper, as well as iron. Make your diet nutritious and balanced by including foods with an alkaline nature. Fresh fruits and vegetables are a great way to get dietary fiber.
We provide the necessary dietary recommendations for Anemia.
- Iron deficiency is treated with meat, poultry, oysters, and fish.
- The following foods are rich in iron: spinach, fenugreek, beetroots, watercress, and kale; nuts, peanuts butter, beans, lentils, and sesame seeds; green leafy vegetables and beans (especially soybeans); multi-grain bread, cornflakes, bran flakes, oatmeal cakes, honey, bananas, raisins, peaches, and prunes; figs, dates, dates, molasses, and apricots.
- Vitamin C is essential for iron absorption. Vitamin C can be obtained by eating oranges, tomatoes, pomegranates, amla, Indian gooseberry, etc.
- Miscellaneous: plain (dark), cocoa powder; mango chutney, pickle/cold sauce, cherries in syrup; gingernut biscuits and pastries. Curry powder
Foods to Moderately Consume
Alcohol, chilies, and salt are good for sour, heavy, and sour-sour food.
Foods You Should Avoid
- Avoid chocolate, caffeine and alcohol as they can both affect hormone function.
- Avoid or limit the consumption of refined sugar and fried foods.
- Drinking tea can reduce iron absorption.
- Avoid raw wheat bran as it can interfere with iron absorption.
- Ripe Mango and milk
- Beetroot juice can be used as a home remedy to treat anemia.
- Fenugreek helps in the formation of blood.