What Causes Constipation
Constipation can affect anyone at any time. Common causes include a low-fiber diet, not drinking enough water, ignoring urges to defecate, and lack of exercise. Constipation can be prevented by making necessary dietary adjustments.
CONSTIPATION DIET RECOMMENDATIONS
Diet for Constipation
Constipation occurs when the feces become hardened, making it difficult to empty the bowels. If you experience this condition frequently or for an extended period of time, it is important that you seek medical attention. Constipation can be an indicator that your diet is lacking in fiber. To have normal bowel movements, an average adult needs about 25-30 grams per day. It is important to plan a healthy diet that includes adequate fiber in order to have more efficient bowel movements.
Constipation is a common condition that requires specific food recommendations.
- Fiber-rich foods help to cleanse the bowels naturally.
- Flaxseeds/powder/capsules offer nutrition and also offer a mild laxative effect if consumed with adequate water.
- Barley, horse gram, and old Sali (varieties) of rice are all good.
- Garlic pearls, ginger, and buttermilk are all good for you.
- Dry fruits such as dried figs and raisins (raisins) are excellent sources of digestive fiber.
Foods to Moderately Consume
The red variety of Sali Rice, sour fruit, black pepper, and goat’s Milk
Avoid these Foods
- Avoid eating meat, poultry, fish, or any other animal flesh.
- Heavy substances like fried foods, sesame, and fried food are difficult to digest.
- Avoid foods that are incompatible with each other, such as milk and fish or fruit salad.
- Avoid junk food, outside food, and fast food. They contain a lot of oil and chemicals, such as sodium bisulfite, along with spices.
- After soaking the dried figs in milk or water, they should be chewed for four to five hours.
- Before dinner, a handful of raisins or dry grapes can be soaked for up to 4 hours in water and then slowly chewed.
- Fresh green vegetables such as spinach, etc. are also rich in dietary fiber and can be very beneficial for constipation sufferers. Spinach soup is recommended to be consumed daily.