Do you feel pain, tingling, or numbness radiating down one leg from your lower back? The pain may start suddenly and then subside over time. If you answered yes, then know that anything which blocks or impedes your sciatic path originating in the lower back that runs down the length of both legs can cause severe pain. Sciatica is a condition that should be treated as soon as possible. Its progression can cause many complications, including a complete lack of mobility.
Sciatica remedies are only effective in reducing pain intensity. They are not viable medicines for sciatica over the long term because NSAIDs and oral steroids are associated with many side effects. Numerous natural remedies have proven to be effective in treating sciatica pain.
“A study revealed that 76% of sciatica sufferers reported complete relief from their symptoms after 45 days using a traditional ayurvedic concoction.
Learn more about the natural remedies and diet recommendations that can help you regain your health and freedom.
- Sciatica – Causes, Symptoms, and Diagnosis
- Tratamiento de la ciática
- Sciatica Diet
- Home Remedies for Managing Sciatica Pain
- Evidence-Based Multidisciplinary Kits to Protect, Rejuvenate, and Optimise the Functioning of Your Sciatica Nerve.
Does Diet Help in Alleviating Sciatica Pain
You can make a big difference in your health by eating the right foods.
In this case, a diet low in inflammatory foods, calcium, and magnesium supplements, and rejuvenating food will be most effective. Osteopaths recommend herbs with the right amount of nutrients, anti-inflammatory properties, antioxidants, and rejuvenating properties.
Everything you need to Know about Sciatica
There are several reasons that can cause sciatica. Most commonly, it is caused by a degenerative disk disease or a narrowing of your spine’s canal.
Inflammation sciatica is a condition that causes irritation or compression of the sciatic Nerve. Inflammation can be caused by:
- The pressure of a bulging or herniated disk on the spinal nerves
- Constipation: Some sciatica patients have found relief by changing their diets to avoid constipation.
- Nutrient deficiencies
- Las infecciones
- Diabetes, thyroid disease, gout, and other metabolic disorders
- Alcohol consumption
- Trauma/injury to the nerve
If you have sciatica pain due to inflammation, it will go away or be reduced if an ice pack is placed on your lower back/bottom about 10 minutes prior to bed.
Sciatic nerve pain can be caused by muscular problems, such as when the muscle in the buttocks tightens up and puts pressure on the nerve. Heat treatment is more effective for this type of pain. You will notice that the pain lessened the next morning after placing the heat pad on the bottom.
For a confirmed diagnosis of Sciatica, you can contact our team of highly qualified doctors who are available to assist you 24/7.
Herbs and supplements that have been studied to determine their effects on the sciatic nerve structure and function and should therefore be included in your diet
Biogetica doctors developed natural protocols to treat sciatica, which is caused by compressed or inflamed nervous tissue. These ingredients have been tested clinically for their anti-inflammatory and nerve strengthening, as well as their antioxidant and pain-relieving properties.
Globally, the following supplements, herbs, and homeopathy have been studied for sciatica. Nevertheless, laws in each country are different. Only some countries recognize these treatments as being effective for sciatica. These natural supplements and herbal remedies can only be used in countries that don’t consider them medicine. No medical claims can be made unless the FDA determines that they are valid.
Natural remedies have been listed that have proven to be effective in peer-reviewed research. The FDA is the only body that can assess effectiveness and only in their country.
Hypericum: An in-vivo analysis was conducted to determine whether the extract could improve the recovery of peripheral nerve regeneration. It also showed that it protected against the damage caused by sciatica nerve injuries, including cell death and inflammation. 2
Harpagophytum procumbens: This herb has been used traditionally for its analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and nerve tonic qualities. In vivo, results showed that H.procumbens has potential analgesic properties in chronic neuropathic discomfort. 3
Commiphora Mukul: This ingredient has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and detoxifying properties. It is also rejuvenating, tonifying, and rejuvenating. It has been used for centuries to strengthen and nourish the muscles, joints, and nerves. Commiphora was found to reduce peripheral neuropathic symptoms caused by chronic constriction injuries of the sciatica nerve in an In vivo study. 4
Ginseng: An in vivo study of ginsenosides (active components in ginseng species), on the sciatic nerve, concluded that it may have a protective and nerve regeneration effect. 5
Here are some herbs with clinical evidence that they have therapeutic properties.
Biogetica doctors developed natural protocols that include Our Biogetica Delivery Kit with Sciatic Mix Formula. This kit combines renowned herbal ingredients such as Hypericum and Commiphora Mukul with homeopathic resonance ingredients, Zingiber, Zingiber officinale, Withania somnifera, as well as micronutrients like magnesium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, etc. These natural ingredients can potentially rejuvenate the lower back and sciatic nerves, as well as improve
Our doctors have studied every medical discipline in order to create our all-natural kits. These are designed to tackle the root cause and bring you back to health and freedom.
You can discuss the benefits of the protocol at any time with one of our doctors by clicking on this link. Our Doctors will also be able to customize a Diet Plan for you, based on your specific case, constitution, and eating habits, as well as your current condition.
What to Eat for Sciatica
There are some foods that can reduce the pain of sciatica and improve the function and structure of the nerves.
If you suffer from sciatica, your diet should be adjusted to your pain level. Eating foods that reduce inflammation will help relieve your symptoms.
A diet high in Vitamin B12 and magnesium can relax your tensed muscles, and help ease contractions.
Foods You Should Include In Your Diet, Regardless Of The Type of Sciatica
- Fiber-Rich Foods, Vegetables, and Fruits like whole wheat bread, brown rice, split peas lentils black beans lima beans Artichokes broccoli White gourd pomegranate apples blackberries figs dates, etc.
- Magnesium Rich Foods like dairy products, fish and meat, seafood, apricots and apples, brown rice or lima beans, as well as poultry, eggs, milk, and other animal products.
- Foods High in Omega 3 Fatty Acids like salmon, sardines, and halibut.
- Foods Rich in Vitamin A like dairy products, such as milk, yogurt and cheese, carrots, dark-green leafy vegetables, and orange-colored fruit, example. Mangoes and apricots; fortified margarine; eggs; mackerel, and other oily seafood.
- Vitamin C-Rich Foods include oranges and grapefruits as well as tomatoes, spinach, and mustard greens.
- Vitamin K sources like broccoli, spinach, alfalfa, and vegetable oils.
- Foods Rich in Vitamin B6 include bananas, garbanzo beans peanut butter, and tomato juice. Other foods are spinach, soybeans, or sunflower seeds.
- Vitamin-B9-Rich Foods Such as asparagus, beans, and peas (including lima beans), whole grains, liver, mushrooms, broccoli, oranges, avocados, turnip leaves, and other foods.
- Foods Rich in Vitamin B12 Such as oysters and other foods rich in vitamin B12, such as salmon, tuna, beef, lamb, Swiss cheese, or mozzarella cheese.
- Potassium-Rich Foods like white beans, dark greens, apricots, and avocadoes. Also, bananas, salmon, mushrooms, bananas, apricots.
Avoiding Foods in a Sciatica Diet
Avoid or eliminate the following foods for a more accurate diagnosis of your condition.
- White, baking, or cake flour is used to make refined grain products, such as instant rice, white bread, enriched cereals, and pasta.
- Foods and beverages are particularly high in added sugars such as regular soft drinks, candy, pancake syrup, frosting, sweetened cereals, frozen desserts, and commercially-prepared cakes, cookies, pies, and brownies.
- Saturated fats are found in red meats and processed meats. They also occur in dark-meat chicken, the skin of poultry, high-fat dairy, fried food, and egg yolks.
- Foods that contain trans-fats, such as margarine sticks, shortening, or commercial foods that list hydrogenated oil as an ingredient.
Home remedies for managing sciatica pain
- Apply a gentle massage to your back every night before bedtime. Heat the sesame oil with 5-6 cloves and 5-6 garlic pieces. This remedy is excellent for sciatica, stiffness, and lumbago.
- Backache can be relieved by combining freshly prepared ginger juice and black salt with lemon juice.
You can enhance the effectiveness of your diet modifications by adding natural ingredients to your regimen. These are traditionally used for pain relief and maintaining healthy nerves. A growing body of research is gathering evidence about the therapeutic potential that natural ingredients may possess.
Click here to find out which herbs are the most effective against neuropathy conditions like Sciatica.
Biogetica doctors have taken into consideration and combined the best ingredients to formulate nerve health protocols that could work by:
- Supporting the structure, functions, and health of the lower spine and back via the energetic and informational imprints on spinal tissues, disks, and vertébrae
- Lower back, sciatic nerves and hip joints rejuvenated
- Strengthening nerve roots
- Stimulating spinal muscles to align them
- Strengthening of the spinal muscles
- Discs and back muscles should function optimally
- Guide the body for optimal functioning
Click here to learn more about our Nerve Health Protocols
Biogetica is always striving to offer holistic, natural, and comprehensive solutions to assist you on your journey to freedom and health. Our team of health professionals is available 24/7 to address any health-related concern or make customized recommendations based on your constitution. Visit www.biogetica.com to get a free consultation.
- Nair, P. R. C., Vijayan, M. P., Pillai, B. K. R., and Venkataraghavan, S: J. Res. Ind. Med. Yoga and Homoeo., 13 (3), 14 – 19. (1978).
- Haci Ahmet Deveci, Mustafa Nazıroğlu, and Gökhan Nur, 5-Fluorouracil-induced mitochondrial oxidative cytotoxicity and apoptosis are increased in MCF-7 human breast cancer cells by TRPV1 channel activation but not Hypericum perforatum treatment, Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, 10.1007/s11010-017-3147-1, (2017). Haci Ahmet Deveci, Mustafa Nazıroğlu, and Gökhan Nur, 5-Fluorouracil-induced mitochondrial oxidative cytotoxicity and apoptosis are increased in MCF-7 human breast cancer cells by TRPV1 channel activation but not Hypericum perforatum treatment, Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, 10.1007/s11010-017-3147-1, (2017).
- Dong Wook Lim †, Jae Goo Kim †, Daeseok Han, and Yun Tai Kim *Functionality Evaluation Research Group, Korea Food Research Institute, Seongnam 463-746, Korea
- Ashish K. Mehta & Chakra D. Tripathi (2014) Commiphora mukul attenuates peripheral neuropathic pain induced by chronic constriction injury of the sciatic nerve in rats, Nutritional Neuroscience, 18:3, 97-102, DOI: 10.1179/1476830513Y.0000000104
- HUANG Ying-ru,JIANG Dian-ming,XIAN Hua,et al.Department of Orthopaedics, The Traditional Chinese Medical College of Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing 401331, China