You can develop facial pain or even pain in the cheekbones. The type of pain will depend on what caused it. It could be a dull, throbbing ache or a sharp stabbing ache. Pain can radiate outwards from your head or ears.
Understanding the cause of your pain is crucial, as the wrong treatment can worsen the condition and even lead to irreversible damage.
Any condition that causes facial pain can be excruciating and hard to endure. Many patients report that the pain is so unbearable, it interferes with daily activities. People end up compromising their overall quality of life. Many patients find it hard to do simple tasks like eating, drinking, and shaving.
Treatment options for facial or cheekbone pain
Often, painkillers like NSAIDS and opiates are the first treatment used to reduce the pain. Antidepressants or antiepileptics are sometimes prescribed to treat nerve pain. These drugs only provide temporary relief because the root causes are not addressed. They also have a number of side effects.
Clinical tests have shown that many natural ingredients, such as Harpagophytum procumbens (also known as Harpagophytum procumbens), Hypericum Perforatum (also known by the name Hypericum), Aegle marmelos (also called Apis Mellifica), Thymus vulgaris (also commonly referred to as Thymus), Ginkgo Biloba and Glycyrrhiza Glabra, among others, are analgesic These ingredients were also studied for conditions such as trigeminal neuropathy, sinusitis, and gingivitis.
With the growing research and awareness, doctors are prescribing more natural ingredients because of their many beneficial and versatile properties. Biogetica is a staunch supporter of natural medicine and makes a concerted effort to promote the native properties of herbs, plants, and other natural ingredients. Our research has been extensive and we have several patents on the subject. Our protocols balance your physical, energetic, and informational spectrums and contain evidence-based ingredients from three distinct healing methodologies: ayurvedic herbal remedies, homeopathic attenuations, and cutting-edge nutraceuticals. These components all work together to promote freedom and wellness in our patient community. Visit www.biogetica.com to learn more about our multi-disciplinary, natural, and groundbreaking kits.
Medical Conditions that Lead to Cheekbone Pain
- Trigeminal Neuralgia This painful condition affects the trigeminal nervous system of the face and causes unimaginable pain. Trigeminal Neuralgia can cause unpredictable, sharp, and short attacks that last from seconds to minutes. This is a common disease that causes cheekbone pain. Rehabilitation is difficult because no conventional treatment has been able to provide full relief. A study found that patients with trigeminal neuropathy experienced a reduction in the intensity of pain and frequency of attacks by more than 60% when using natural remedies.
- Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ), Syndrome This is an abnormality of the TMJ, which connects your jaw to the skull. Localized pain can result from injury to this joint. Pain is often dull and radiates from the side of the neck and ear. Biogetica’s Neurease contains a powerful combination of herbs, including Bacopa Monnieri, Pluchea Lanceolata Pheonix Farinifera Vitis Vinnifera, and Glycyrrhiza Glabra, which may support the joint and rejuvenate for optimal function.
- Physical trauma: Accidents, surgical complications, and other injuries can cause pain to the cheekbones. A cheekbone fracture can cause severe pain and discomfort. Biogetica’s homeopathic combinations include sarcodes and nutritional ingredients that may help strengthen bones and promote regeneration.
- Inflammation of the paranasal sinuses is a common reason for pain in the cheekbones. The inflammation of the mucous tissue causes fluid to build up and block the sinus cavity, preventing normal drainage.
Pain in the cheekbones can be caused by any of the causes listed below.
- Tooth Infection
- The impacted tooth
- Tooth abscess
- Otitis media, otitis externa (ear infection)
Facial pain that is not treated can lead to degeneration and further damage. Chronic pain can negatively affect your quality of life, and lead to other health issues such as depression and weight loss. It can also cause fatigue, insomnia, and even isolation. To avoid further complications, it is important to treat cheekbone pain as soon as possible.
It is important to determine the exact cause of facial discomfort in order to choose the best treatment. Biogetica’s Ayurvedic practitioners and Homeopathic doctors are available to provide free consultations around the clock. They can help you diagnose your condition and recommend protocols based on severity and cause. Contact one of the practitioners for more information and to get answers to your questions.